Role: Creative strategy
Company: Wild Labs
Duration: 3 months (2 days a week)
Wild Labs is a communication, innovation, venturing and collaboration unit with an ethical design ethos. They work with partners (brands, NGOs, artists, activists, social/eco innovators, foundations) to learn, dream, design, co-create and hatch beautiful experiments & collaborations.
World Ocean Day for Schools is a worldwide celebration that brings ocean learning to the forefront of classrooms. The aim of the project is to raise ocean literacy around the world and get schools, teachers, parents and children thinking more fluidly about their connection to water and the impact we all have on the ocean.
The task was to create a platform and service that schools could sign up to, so they could take part in the celebration on Friday 7th June. This involved:
- strategising how to drive sign ups
- building a social media presence
- designing and curating an online hub of the world's most engaging, innovative and creative Ocean Learning resources.
- weekly newsletters to school sign ups
- developing the WOD for Schools brand through design, tone of voice and core message that we are all intrinsically connected to the ocean.
From dressing up in blue, to themed assemblies and curated lesson plans - 2000 schools, their students and teachers were taken on a voyage downs streams, rivers and into the deep blue sea.